Immerse yourself in a medical practice setting where you put all your new skills to the test. These experiences are dispersed throughout the 3-days to ensure that you're comfortable using the new tools from your toolbox.
Simulation #1: Providing the Services
- Patient case #1: Annual Wellness Visit
- Patient case #2: Chronic Care Management
- Practice your documentation
- Use your patient cases and billing chart to code for your visit
Simulation #2: Clinic Management Setting
- Engage the 'gate keeper' of the medical practice
- Connect the dots with an open and honest conversation to a practice/practice manager that shows how your services fill their needs
- Explain how your services differ from the competition
- Learn how to articulate your value and answer the question 'Why pharmacists?'
- Following the patient cases, verbalize your impact on quality measures to the practice
Simulation #3: Financial Sustainability and Business Planning
- Perform a SWOT analysis on your current business
- Calculate the potential revenue from a patient population and create a business proposal